Cooper Wheelock Horn Loudspeaker- Series STH-15S
Cooper Wheelock Fire Notification
Wheelock Horn Loudspeaker Emergency Communication System
Cooper-Wheelock’s Series STH-15S supervised horn loudspeakers are equipped with a compression driver providing up to 15 watts RMS power handling capability, superior intelligibility and dispersion to achieve maximum sound projection and penetration.
Weather-resistant metal construction and re-entrant accoustic path assure protection against water, humidity, vermin and corrosion. The mounting bracket allows directional sound dispersion via vertical and horizontal positioning. Provisions are also included for surface or strap mounting to pillars and I-beams.
All models include a built-in 25/70/100 V transformer featuring a screw-driver adjustable, 7-position watt/impedance selection switch. Wiring terminals are protected with a vandal-resistant adapter cover for control equipment utilizing cable or conduit.
A built-in, 5 mfd capacitor is provided on both models for line supervision. All models meet or exceed the UL Listed standards for audible signal appliances and are capable of operating within an ambient temperature range of 66° C (150° F) to -35° C (-30° F). Models comply with UL Standard 1480 — Speakers for Fire Protective Signaling Systems and California State Fire Marshal (Title 19).
Horn Loudspeaker Features
- Approvals include: UL Standard 1480 – (Speakers for Fire Protective Signaling Systems), California State Fire Marshal (CSFM) Title 19.
- Meets or exceeds UL Listed standards for audible signal appliances.
15-Watt High Efficiency Compression Driver.
- Weather-resistant, vandal-resistant aluminum construction assures protection against water, humidity, vermin, and corrosion.
- Re-entrant acoustic path.
- 25/70/100 V transformer featuring a screw-driver adjustable, 7-position watt/impedance selection switch.
- 5 mfd Capacitor for Line Supervision.
- STH-15S Grey baked epoxy finish.
- STH-15SR Red baked epoxy finish.
- Simplified, universal-mounting bracket adjustable in horizontal and vertical planes with banding slots for beam or pillar mounting.
- Installation terminals and power selector are recessed mounted, and protected by the metal interface adapter, or clear plastic shield.
Horn Loudspeaker Applications
Cooper-Wheelock’s Series STH-15S supervised horn loudspeakers are surface-mounting, high-efficiency units for life safety and emergency communication system applications. When used with compatible control equipment, they provide high-intelligibility voice reproduction and signal transmission for indoor or outdoor emergency alarm and protective signaling.