Cooper Wheelock Fire Speaker Strobes - Series ET
Cooper Wheelock Fire Notification
Vandal Resistant Speaker Strobes
Cooper-Wheelock’s Series ET Vandal Resistant speakers and speaker strobes provide a full range of rugged, high performance combinations specifially designed to meet the critical needs of the life safety industry for voice and tone signaling. Available in compact, aesthetically pleasing package styles, each ET model covers both 25 and 70 volt audio systems, and has multiple wattage taps from 1/8 to 8 watts. Their high-efficiency design provides improved voice clarity and higher sound output for typical low frequency fire evacuation signal, such as the "slow whoop" and "temporal code-3". The Series ET provides unequaled performance and installation flexibility at the job site, while minimizing confusion about mounting and performance capabilities. Cost savings are maximized through reduced power supply and wiring costs, lower inventory costs, and lower cost backboxes.
Maximum Performance Speaker Strobes
Series ET Speaker Strobes are designed with maximum performance, reliability and cost-effectiveness while meeting or exceeding the latest requirements of NFPA 72 (National Fire Alarm Code), ANSI 117.1 (American National Standard of Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities) and UL Standard 1971 (Standard for Signaling Devices for the Hearing Impaired). ET Speaker Strobes, when properly specified and installed in accordance with NFPA/ANSI Standards, can provided the Equivalent Facilitation allowed under ADA Accessibility Guidelines (ADAAG General Section 2.2) by meeting or exceeding the illumination which results from the ADA specified strobe intensity of 75 candela at 50 feet. This is an illumination of 0.030 lumens per square foot.
Series ET Speaker Strobes are UL Listed for indoor use, ceiling and wall mount, under Standard 1971 for Signaling Devices for the Hearing Impaired and Standard 1480 for Speaker Appliances, and use a Xenon flashtube with solid state circuitry enclosed in a rugged Lexan® lens to provide maximum reliability for effective visible signaling. Strobe options include Series LS/SL/MS and IS strobes which are Listed at 15, 30, and 75 candela intensity to cover 20’ x 20’, 30’ x 30’, and 40’ x 40’ rooms, respectively. The LSM and SLM Series 15/75 candela wall mounted strobes were tested at UL for 75cd on axis, and are Listed at 15 candela under UL Standard and meet 75 candela intensity on axis for ADA guidelines.
Series ET Speaker Strobes equipped with SL/SLM Synchronized Strobes, when used in conjunction with SM/ DSM Sync Modules or Cooper-Wheelock Power Supply (PS-12/ 24-8MP) with built-in patented sync protocol to produce a synchronized strobe flash for compliance with ADA guidelines concerning photosensitive epilepsy.
Speaker Strobe Features
- Approvals Include: UL Standard 1480, UL Standard 1971, California State Fire Marshal (CSFM), New York City (MEA), Chicago (BFP), and FCC Part 15
- Complies with OSHA 29, Part 1910.165
- Designed to meet or exceed NFPA/ANSI Standards and ADA Accessibility Guidelines
- High efficiency speakers designed for maximum output at minimum wattage across 400 to 4000 Hz frequency range
- Field selectable taps for 25 or 70 VRMS operation from 1/8 watt up to 8 watts in 3 dB steps
- ET Speaker Strobe models available with 15, 15/75, 30, and 75 candela strobes featuring wide 20-31 VDC Listed voltage range with low current draw to reduce power consumption and wiring costs
- Cooper-Wheelock’s patented Series SL, LS, LSM, SLM, MS, and IS strobe designs offer fire alarm system designers, specifiers, and installer the industry’s wide selection of UL Standard 1971 Listed strobe products
- All strobe inputs are compatible with standard reverse polarity type supervision of circuit wiring by an alarm panel
- Attractive package styles for flush or surface mounting to standard low cost backboxes
- ET-1010 models UL Listed for outdoor use with Cooper-Wheelock WBB outdoor backbox
- Vandal resistant die cast grilles
- Sealed back speaker construction for extra protection and improved audibility
- Fast installation with IN/OUT screw terminals using #12 to #18 AWG wring
- Compliance with RFI limits in FCC Part 15, Class "B" for compatibility with sensitive detection and communication circuits
- Audio inputs include a 10 uF blocking capacitor for compatibility with DC supervision of Speaker Notification Appliance Circuits