Cooper Wheelock Speaker Strobes - Series ET
Wheelock Fire Notification Speakers & Strobes
Ceiling & Wall Speaker Strobes
Cooper-Wheelock’s high performance Series ET Speakers and Series ET Speaker Strobes provide high audio output, clear audibility, dual voltage (25/70 VRMS) capability and field selectable taps from 1/8 to 8 watts. They are designed to meet the critical needs of the life safety industry for effective emergency voice communications, tone signaling and visible signaling to alert the hearing impaired.
Low Profile Design
The low profile design incorporates a speaker mounting plate for faster and easier installation. Each model has a built-in level adjustment feature and an aesthetic two (2) screw grille cover. The Series ET Speaker Strobe models incorporate Low Current draw Series RSS Strobes.
Wall Fire Speakers
Fire Strobe options for wall fire speakers include 1575 cd or Cooper-Wheelock’s patented MCW multi-candela strobe with field selectable candela settings of 15/30/75/110cd or the high intensity MCWH strobe with field selectable 135/185cd.
Ceiling Fire Speakers
Ceiling speakers are available in Cooper-Wheelock’s patented MCC multi-candela ceiling strobe with field selectable intensities of 15/30/75/95cd or the high intensity MCCH strobe with field selectable 115/177cd. The strobe portion of all Series ET Strobes may be synchronized when used in conjunction with the Cooper-Wheelock SM, DSM sync modules or the Cooper-Wheelock PS-12/24-8MP Power Supply with patented Sync Protocol. Cooper-Wheelock’s synchronized strobes offer an easy way to comply with ADA recommendations concerning photosensitive epilepsy.
Series ET70 and ET90 Speaker Strobes
Series ET70 and ET90 Speaker Strobes are UL Listed for indoor use under Standard 1971 (Signaling Devices for the Hearing Impaired) and Standard 1480 (Speaker Appliances), and use a Xenon flashtube with solid state circuitry enclosed in a rugged Lexan® lens to provide maximum reliability for effective visual signaling. All inputs are supervised and employ IN/OUT wiring terminals for fast installation using #12 to #18 AWG wiring.
Speaker Strobe Features
- Approvals include: UL Standard 1971, UL Standard 1480, New York City (MEA), California State Fire Marshal (CSFM), Factory Mutual (FM) and Chicago (BFP) See approvals by model in Specifications and Ordering Information
- ADA/NFPA/ANSI compliant
- Complies with OSHA 29 Part 1910.165
- Wall mount models are available with Field Selectable Candela Settings of 15/30/75/110cd or 135/185cd (Multi-Candela models), or 1575cd (Single Candela model)
- Ceiling mount models are available with field selectable candela settings of 15/30/75/95cd or 115/177cd (Multi-candela models)
- Strobes produce 1 flash per second over the regulated voltage range
- 24 VDC with wide UL "Regulated Voltage" using filtered DC or unfiltered VRMS input voltage
- Synchronize with Cooper-Wheelock SM, DSM or Cooper-Wheelock PS-12/24-8MP Power Supply with built-in sync protocol
- Field selectable taps for 25 or 70 VRMS operation from 1/8 watt up to 2 watts
- High efficiency design for maximum output at minimum wattage across a frequency range of 400 to 4000 HZ
- Fast installation with IN/OUT screw terminals using #12 to #18 AWG wires