Cooper Wheelock Speaker Strobes - Series E
Cooper Wheelock Fire Notification Speakers
Low Profile Fire Speakers
Cooper-Wheelock’s Series E Low Profile Speakers and Fire Speaker Strobes are designed for high efficiency sound output, with dual voltage (25/70 VRMS) capability and field selectable taps from 1/8 to 2 watts. The low profile design incorporates a speaker mounting plate for faster and easier installation. Each model has a built-in level adjustment feature and an aesthetic two (2) screw grille cover.
Low Current Draw
The Series E Speaker Strobe models incorporate the Low Current draw Series RSS Strobes. Strobe options for wall mount models include 1575 or Cooper-Wheelock’s patented MCW multi-candela strobe with field selectable candela settings of 15/30/75/110cd or the high intensity MCWH strobe with field selectable 135/185cd.
Ceiling mount models are available in Cooper-Wheelock’s patented MCC multi-candela ceiling strobe with field selectable intensities of 15/30/75/95cd or the high intensity MCCH strobe with field selectable 115/177cd. Series E Speakers and Speaker Strobes provide high audio output with clear audibility and are designed to meet the critical needs of the life safety industry for effective emergency voice communications, tone signaling and visible signaling to alert the hearing impaired.
The strobe portion of all Series E Speaker Strobes may be synchronized when used in conjunction with the Cooper-Wheelock SM, DSM Sync Modules or the Cooper-Wheelock PS-12/24-8MP Power Supply with Patented Sync Protocol. Cooper-Wheelock’s synchronized strobes offer an easy way to comply with ADA recommendations concerning photosensitive epilepsy.
Series E Speaker Strobes are UL Listed for indoor use under Standard 1971 (Signaling Devices for the Hearing-Impaired) and Standard 1480 (Speaker Appliances), and use a Xenon flashtube with solid state circuitry enclosed in a rugged Lexan® lens to provide maximum reliability for effective visual signaling.
All inputs are supervised and employ IN/OUT wiring terminals for fast installation using #12 to #18 AWG wiring.
Speaker Strobe Features
- Approvals include: UL Standard 1971, UL Standard 1480, New York City (MEA), California State Fire Marshal (CSFM), Factory Mutual (FM) and Chicago (BFP) See approvals by model in Specifications and Ordering Information
- ADA/NFPA/ANSI compliant
- Complies with OSHA 29 Part 1910.165
- Wall mount models are available with Field Selectable Candela Settings of 15/30/75/110cd or 135/185cd (Multi-Candela models), or 1575cd (Single Candela model)
- Ceiling mount models are available with field selectable candela settings of 15/30/75/95cd or 115/177cd (Multi-candela models)
- Strobes produce 1 flash per second over the regulated voltage range
- 24 VDC with wide UL "Regulated Voltage" using filtered DC or unfiltered VRMS input voltage
- Synchronize with Cooper-Wheelock SM, DSM or Cooper-Wheelock PS-12/24-8MP Power Supply with built-in sync protocol
- Field selectable taps for 25 or 70 VRMS operation from 1/8 watt up to 2 watts
- High efficiency design for maximum output at minimum wattage across a frequency range of 400 to 4000 HZ
- Fast installation with IN/OUT screw terminals using #12 to #18 AWG wires