Cooper Wheelock Strobes & Plates: RSS & RSSP
Wheelock Fire Strobes
Cooper Wheelock Series RSS Emergency Strobe Lights
Cooper-Wheelock’s patented Series RSS emergency strobe lights and Series RSSP strobe plates have lower current draw while maintaining outstanding performance, reliability and cost effectiveness. These versatile appliances will satisfy virtually all requirements for indoor, wall or ceiling mount applications.
Strobe options for wall mount models include 1575 or Cooper-Wheelock’s Patented MCW multi-candela strobe with field selectable candela settings of 15/30/75/110cd or the high intensity MCWH strobe with field selectable 135/185cd. Ceiling mount models include the patented MCC multi-candela ceiling strobe with field selectable intensities of 15/30/75/95cd or the high intensity MCCH strobe with field selectable 115/177cd.
All models may be synchronized when used in conjunction with the Cooper-Wheelock SM, DSM Sync Modules or the Cooper Wheelock PS-12/24-8MP Power Supply with Patented Sync Protocol. Synchronized strobes can eliminate possible restrictions on the number of strobes in the field of view. Cooper-Wheelock’s synchronized strobes offer an easy way to comply with ADA recommendations concerning photosensitive epilepsy as well as meeting the requirements of NFPA 72.
Cooper-Wheelock’s Series RSS Strobes employ a Patented Integral Fire Strobe Mounting Plate that can be mounted to a single gang, double gang, 4" square, 100mm European backboxes or the SHBB surface backbox. If the flush backbox has side or top space between it and the finished wall, the NATP (Notification Appliance Trimplate) may be used. It provides an additional .65" of trim for the Appliance.
An attractive cover plate is provided for a clean, finished appearance on all models.
The Series RSSP Multi-Candela Strobe Face Plates are a cost effective way to retrofit required wall strobe appliances to bells, horns, chimes, multitones or speakers and easily mounts to standard 4” backboxes or for surface mount use with Cooper-Wheelock’s SBL2 surface backbox.
Fire Strobe Features
- Approvals include: UL Standard 1971, New York City (MEA), California State Fire Marshal (CSFM), Factory Mutual (FM), and Chicago (BFP) See approvals by model in Specifications and Ordering Information
- ADA/NFPA/UFC/ANSI compliant. Meets OSHA 29 Part 1910.165
- Wall mount Multi-Candela models are available with Field Selectable Candela Settings of 15/30/75/110cd or 135/185cd. Single Candela models are available in 1575cd
- Ceiling mount Multi-Candela models are available with field selectable candela settings of 15/30/75/95cd or 115/177cd. (Round or Square)
- Strobes produce 1 flash per second over the regulated voltage range
- 12 and 24 VDC models with wide UL "Regulated Voltage" using filtered (DC) or unfiltered VRMS input voltage
- Synchronize with Cooper-Wheelock SM, DSM or PS-12/24-8MP Power Supply with built-in sync protocol
- Fast installation with IN/OUT screw terminals using #12 to #18 AWG wire