Cooper Wheelock Fire Horn Strobe - Series MT
Cooper Wheelock Fire Alarms
Fire Horn Strobe with Eight Tones
Cooper-Wheelock’s Series MT and MT Horn Strobe Multitone fire notification devices offer a choice of eight (8) nationally and internationally recognized alerting sounds: Horn, Bell, March Time Horn, Code-3 Tone, Code-3 Horn, Slow Whoop, Siren or Hi/Lo Tone. The Code-3 Horn and tone patterns are engineered to comply with NFPA/ANSI Temporal Pattern specifications without requiring additional equipment. With MT and MT Strobes, one alarm appliance meets most of your signaling needs. Strobe models can be synchronized using the Cooper-Wheelock SM, DSM Sync Modules or the PS-12/24-8MP Power Supply with Cooper-Wheelock’s patented Sync Protocol.
The MT Strobes are designed for ADA applications with maximum performance, reliability and cost-effectiveness while meeting or exceeding the latest requirements of NFPA 72, ANSI 117.1, UFC and UL Standard 1971 as well as meeting ADA requirements concerning photosensitive epilepsy.
Each MT and MT Horn Strobe has two installer selective sound output levels: STANDARD dBA and HIGH dBA. Non-strobe versions provide selectable voltage capability in one unit, 12VDC or 24VDC. Strobe versions are specific for either 12VDC or 24VDC and all models may be used with filtered or unfiltered (full-wave-rectified) input voltages. Separate input terminals are available, shunt wires are provided to enable both tone and strobe to operate simultaneously from a single input.
The Series MT Multitone Horn Strobes are UL Listed for indoor wall mount applications under Standard 1971 for Signaling Devices for the Hearing Impaired and under Standard 464 for Audible Signaling Appliances.
Fire Horn Strobe Features
- Approvals include: UL Standard 1971, UL Standard 464, California State Fire Marshal (CSFM), New York City (MEA), Factory Mutual (FM) and Chicago (BFP). See approvals by model in Specifications and Ordering Information.
- Designed to meet or exceed ADA/NFPA/UFC/ANSI Standards and Accessibility Guidelines
- Complies with OSHA 29, Part 1910.165
- Series MT appliances have IN and OUT wiring terminations that accept two #12 to #18 American Wire Gauge (AWG) wires at each terminal. Inputs are polarized for compatibility with standard reverse polarity type supervision
- One alarm appliance with (8) eight selective signals to provide superior sound penetration for various ambient and wall conditions with two field selectable
sound output levels
- Code-3 Horn and Tone meet ANSI/NFPA temporal pattern for standard emergency evacuation signaling.
- Audible and strobe can operate from a single NAC circuit with any of the (8) eight audible sounds
- MT Strobe models available with 1575 and 75 candela ratings for independent or single input activations and can be synchronized using Cooper-Wheelock’s SM or DSM sync module(s) or the PS-12/24-8MP Power Supply with built in Sync Protocol
- Selectable input voltage on non-strobe versions. Strobe versions are factory set for either 12 or 24VDC, with wide-Listed voltage range, filtered (DC) and FWR
- Mounts to either 4" square or double gang boxes (important for retrofit installations). Attractive flush or surface mounting
- No additional trimplate required for flush mounting