Cooper Wheelock Audible Fire Strobe- Series AS & AH
Cooper-Wheelock Fire Alarms
Series AS / AH Fire Horn Strobe
Cooper Wheelock has patented 2-wire Series AS Audible Strobe and Series AH Audibles that offer more features with low current draw. Strobe options for wall mount models include 1575cd or Cooper-Wheelock’s patented MCW multi-candela wall strobes with field selectable candela settings of 15/30/75/110cd, or the high intensity MCWH strobe with field selectable 135/185cd.
Ceiling mount models incorporate Cooper-Wheelock’s patented MCC multi-candela ceiling strobe with field selectable intensities of 15/30/75/95cd or the high intensity MCCH strobe with field selectable 115/177cd.
The audible provides a selectable choice of either a continuous horn or temporal pattern (Code 3) when constant voltage from a Fire Alarm Panel (FACP) is applied. Each tone has 3 dBA settings to choose from.
When used with the Cooper Wheelock Series SM or DSM Sync Module or Cooper Wheelock PS-12/24-8MP Power Supply with Patented Sync Protocol, synchronization of the continuous horn tone provides the temporal (code 3) tone (mandated by NFPA 72) simultaneously for all audible appliances. This ensures a distinct temporal (code 3) pattern when 2 or more audibles are within hearing distance. If not synchronized the temporal sound could overlap and not be distinctive. At the same time the strobes will be synchronized. This provides the ability to comply with ADA guidelines concerning photosensitive epilepsy and the NFPA standards when installing 2 or more visual appliances within the field of view all of this plus the ability to silence the audible is achieved by using only 2 wire.
- Approvals include: UL Standard 1971, UL Standard 464 New York City (MEA), California State Fire Marshal (CSFM), Factory Mutual (FM), and Chicago (BFP). See approvals by model in Specifications and Ordering Information.
- ADA/NFPA/UFC/ANSI Compliant
- Wall mount models are available with Field Selectable Candela Settings of 15/30/75/110cd or 135/185cd (Multi-Candela models) or 1575cd (single candela model)
- Ceiling mount models are available with field selectable candela settings of 15/30/75/95cd or 115/177cd (multi-candela ceiling models)
- Selectable Continuous Horn or Temporal (Code 3)
- 3 Selectable dBA settings (99, 95 and 90 dBA) in both tones
- Patented 2-Wire Audible Strobe Appliance
- Patented Universal Mounting Plate
- Weatherproof models are available for outdoor use
- Strobes produce 1 flash per second over the regulated voltage range
- 12 and 24 VDC models with wide UL "Regulated Voltage Range" using filtered DC or unfiltered FWR input voltage
- Synchronize with Cooper-Wheelock SM, DSM or PS-12/24-8MP Power Supply with built-in sync protocol
- Fast installation with IN/OUT screw terminals using #12 to #18 AWG wires