Notifier Fire Alarm Panel Network- Notifier Net
NOTIFIRENET™ Fire Alarm Control System
Intelligent Fire Control System Network
NOTIFIRENET allows each fire alarm control panel to maintain its own area of protection, while monitoring and interacting with other nodes. Fire Alarm Control Panel nodes react to network events with coordinated programmed responses. In designated fire command centers, the NCS (Network Control Station) provides operators with text and graphic annunciation of network activity as well as network control and panel programming. The NOTIFIER NCA (Network Control Annunciator) is used to annunciate network events and provide control of network points using an intuitive large screen display and PC style keypad.
With NOTIFIRENET, each networked fire alarm control panel maintains its own
area of protection while monitoring and interacting with other nodes. Fire alarm control panel nodes can react to network events with coordinated programmed responses. In designated fire command centers, the NCS (Network Control Station) provides operators with text and graphic annunciation of the network activity as well as network control and programming capabilities. The NOTIFIER NCA (Network Control Annunciator) is used to annunciate network events,and provide individual control of network points or nodes.
The new NOTIFIRENET incorporates a high-speed interface for NOTIFIER
Onyx™ Series panels and compatibility with classic NOTIFIER fire alarm control panels, along with the following features.
- Supports 102 nodes with total capacity of over 200,000 points
- Based on proven ARCNET® technology
- True peer-to-peer communications
- Token-passing, non-collision protocol
- No "master" polling computer required
- The VeriFire™ Tools programming utility supports complete network programming accessed at any node on the network.
- History Buffers reside on NCA,NCS,and on all fire control panels.
- Powerful cooperative-control-by-event programming allows point(s)
on one node to activate point(s)on other nodes.
- NOTIFIRENET™ Fire Alarm Control Panels (AM2020,AFP-1010,NFS-640 and NFS-3030)support industry standard BACnet™/IP connectivity to Building Automation Systems (BAS/BMS)via NOTIFIER ’s BACnet Gateway
- NOTIFIRENET™ Web Server (NWS)provides remote read status capabilities from any worldwide location via the Internet/Intranet
- Inherently regenerative system means that each node acts as a repeater to reshape and regenerate data signals
- Failure of any node does not block node communications among
- High-speed data communications (312.5 Kbaud)
- Fire panels may be placed anywhere on the network with network
- Multiple NCSs and NCAs may be placed anywhere on the network
- The NCS and the NCA display all network activity or can be "mapped" to selected nodes
- The NCS and the NCA offer network control of system events,
supporting enable/disable and activate/deactivate point as well as read status capability
- Uses small-gauge twisted pair wire (no shield necessary) for network media
- Optional fiber optic network media
- Network time synchronization
- Optional mixed wire/fiber optic network media utilizing repeaters
- NFPA Style 4 or Style 7 network operation
- Electrical isolation between nodes
- Supports NOTIFIER System 500 and System 5000 conventional
fire alarm control panels as a sub-network
Onyx™ Series Fire Alarm Control Panels
NOTIFIER's intelligent series of Fire Alarm Control Panels, the Onyx Series is designed for smoke and fire detection in virtually any building application. All Onyx Series Fire Alarm Control Panels are monitored and controlled when networked with NOTIFIRENET.
Classic NOTIFIER Fire Alarm Control Panels
The NOTIFIRENET network is designed with the latest technology in the fire alarm industry and designed with backward compatibility in mind. NOTIFIER’s Classic series of products AFP-200, AFP-400, AFP-1010 and AM2020 are compatible with the Onyx™ Series of control panels, NCA and NCS.
NETWORK CONTROL ANNUNCIATOR (NCA)
The NCA is an intuitive 640-character display used to present event information from the network. Whether an event is in progress, or system interrogation is required, the large screen allows the operator to view extended information in real time – from the entire network or a subset of it. Multiple NCAs may be placed anywhere on the network to present event information to one or more operators.
NETWORK COMMAND CENTER (NCS)
The NCS is an UL-Listed PC used to display event information from the network in a text and graphical format. Graphic screens are created with a built-in drawing utility of the protected area and are linked to fire alarm devices. Should a device go into alarm, the appropriate graphic floor plan is displayed along with operator instructions. This provides a quick and easy way to inform operators of a fire’s location in complex buildings. The NCS includes a host of additional features including: event history tracking, fire panel programming and control, pocket paging interface, and many more.