Fire Sentry- Fire Detection Systems- Fire Detectors- Fire Sentry Model SS4-AS
Also Detects Ethanol, Methanol, Hydrogen and Natural Gas
The Model SS4-AS is a version of the Model SS4-A, which while retaining all the features of the standard SS4-A, is optimized for the detection of ethanol, methanol, hydrogen and natural gas.
The Model SS4-A represents the world´s pre-eminent UV/IR technology for Electro-Optical Fire Detectors with thousands successfully operating in a multitude of installations worldwide. This Multi-Spectrum Detector senses radiant energy in the Ultraviolet (UV), Visible and Wide Band Infrared™ (WBIR) spectrum. The radiant energy from all types of flaming fires will alert the detector to their presence.
The field-of-view is the widest in the industry with a 120-degree cone of vision. This means each Detector can cover more hazard area. Greater sensitivity also increases the volumetric area covered by the Detector, up to four times more than some other detectors.
Using sophisticated signal processing algorithms with complete spectral information, virtual immunity to false alarms from arc welding, corona discharge and other common UV sources is achieved.
- Petrochemical Facilities, and Refineries
- Offshore Production Platforms
- Co-Generation Plants
- Aircraft Hangars
- Bulk Silane gas storage and Silane gas cabinets
- Gas Turbines and Power Plants
- Multi-Spectrum™ senses Ultraviolet, Visible and Wide Band Infrared™
- Built-in Test for optical "through the lens" testing
- Detects hydrocarbon and non-hydrocarbon fires
- Wide field of view & solar blind
- Adjustable Detector sensitivity with false alarm immunity
- Microprocessor based algorithms: FirePic™ and Tri-Mode Plot™
- Wide temperature range of operation
- Explosion-Proof housing
- FS2000™ System compatible or stand alone operation
- Compatible with approved fire alarm panels
- Time programmable fire alarm verification