Pyro Chem Kitchen Knight Restaurant Fire Suppression
KITCHEN KNIGHT® II
Pyro-Chem has Taken a Great System and Made it Even Better.
Click image to enlarge
Close attention to product performance and customer satisfaction has cooked up some
savory improvements to the Kitchen Knight® II system:
- Extended Coverage
- Enhanced Components
- Only five nozzles to inventory
- Full cone spray
- Individual swivel adaptors
- High and low proximity ranges from 13 to 50 inches (330 to 1270 mm)
- Chrome caps help protect against contamination and blockage
- 10, 15, and 20 flow cylinders offer more coverage
- Improved Piping Flexibility
- Incorporates 1/4- to 3/4-inch pipe
- Simple piping rules
- Back Shelf Protection
The KITCHEN KNIGHT II system offers breakthrough technology in the industry’s most flexible and effective suppression system. The fire extinguishing agent is a potassium carbonate-based water solution that knocks the flame down, cuts off air to the burning grease and cools the hazard area to help ensure the fire stays out.
The KITCHEN KNIGHT II system has been tested and approved in accordance with the UL testing standard for kitchen cooking areas, Standard UL-300. Pyro-Chem authorized distributors have been extensively trained in system design, installation and maintenance.
Pyro-Chem continues to perform extensive research and development on KITCHEN KNIGHT II system components. Continuous improvements to virtually every aspect of the system provide affordable, effective protection for your cooking area.
The Modern Commercial Cooking Area Serves up a Smorgasbord of Potential Fire Hazards.
Cooking appliances today allow for the potentially dangerous mixture of flammable oils and greases with high efficiency heat sources, creating an environment in which fire is always a threat. Ventilating systems deposit grease from exhausted vapors throughout the hood, filters and ducts. Electrical power lines and gas service lines add fuel to the hazard area, and must be shut off in case of fire. Alarms and other electrical devices must be activated. The KITCHEN KNIGHT II system can protect all these diverse hazard areas and perform all the necessary auxiliary functions.
KITCHEN KNIGHT® II Systems Offer a Complete Menu of Cost-Effective Fire
- Automatic detection and actuation controls provides 24-hour protection.
- Dedicated manual actuation system allows immediate actuation at the first sign of fire and provides backup to the automatic detection system.
- The most effective fire extinguishing agent in the industry. The high pH formula provides rapid flame knockdown and helps prevent reignition.
- Pressurized D.O.T. rated steel cylinders ready for release in the event of a fire. Pressure gauge on the agent cylinder allows visual inspection of system status.
- A fully assembled and 100% tested mechanical control head provides reliable operation of the input and output functions.
- Flexible piping configurations allow for a streamlined design that will not interfere with kitchen workflow. The system can be mounted in out-of-the-way areas to preserve valuable kitchen space.
- Critical elements of the system such as the control head, cylinder valve assembly and gas shut-off valve are fully assembled and 100% inspected by Pyro-Chem, meeting UL established criteria.
- Protective chrome nozzle covers help protect against contamination and blockage by grease or other cooking byproducts that can inhibit the proper discharge of extinguishing agent. The nozzle caps blow free of the nozzle prior to discharge and will not interfere with the discharge pattern.
- The KITCHEN KNIGHT II system is available in a variety of sizes economically suited to fit specific needs, and designed with the flexibility to accommodate changes to appliance layout or the expansion of a cooking area.
Tested and Approved by the Most Particular Connoisseurs
- UL Standard: Fire Extinguishing Systems for Protection of Restaurant Cooking Areas, UL 300
- NFPA Standard 17A: Wet Chemical Extinguishing Systems
- NFPA Standard 96: Ventilation Control and Fire Protection of Commercial Cooking Operations
- MEA 91-99-E, VOL.II
- CE Compliant