Kidde FM-200 Clean Agent Fire Suppression
Industrial Clean Agent Fire Suppression Systems from Kidde
Note: Numbers below refer to image (right).
- Fire in protected area is sensed by detectors and sent to control unit
- Control unit shuts down ventilation systems, sounding alarms and starting discharge of FM-200 agent into protected area.
- FM-200 is propelled into protected area through piping & nozzles.
- FM-200 quickly suppresses fire. No fire, no mess, back in business.
For All Types of Industrial Fire Protection
Processes Involving Flammable Liquids
- Dip Tanks
- Industrial/ Automotive Paint Booths
- Coating Operations
- Quench Tanks
- Modular HazMat Storage Facilities
- Exhaust Ducts
- Environmental Storage Facilities
- Processes Involving
- Boiler Rooms
- Switchgear Rooms
- Generator Rooms
- Furnace Rooms
Flammable Liquid Storage Areas
- Flammable Liquid Storage
- Paint Mixing Areas
- Spill Containment Dikes
- Bulk Storage
Three Choices of Fire Detection
Depending upon your hazard, one of these will best suit your needs:
- Mechanical detection uses fusible link detectors to provide reliable performance at low cost.
- Electric detection offers enhanced sensitivity and the design versatility of thermal, smoke or optical detectors for compatibility with just about any type of hazard environment.
- Pneumatic detection combines high sensitivity with no- spark operation
necessary for explosion- sensitive applications or where electrical power for
system operation is not available.
Single or Multiple System Control
If you have one hazard area to protect, the Kidde SCORPIO™ Control Panel gives you microprocessor-based reliability in a fully supervised suppression release and alarm output system. If you’re controlling multiple Kidde fire alarm or suppression systems, the smart choice is the Kidde PEGAsys™ Control System , our latest detection technology that uses a "distributed intelligence" concept to offer more detection and alarm capability, faster response time, more immunity to nuisance alarms and lower maintenance costs.
The Right Cylinder Sizes
Your Kidde Distributor can choose from three sizes of agent storage cylinders using ABC or BC dry chemical: Kidde IND 21/25 (ABC/BC), Kidde IND 45/50 (ABC/BC) or Kidde IND 70/75 (ABC/BC) – to design the precise system that best meets your fire protection requirements while conserving hardware and dry chemical agent cost.
Due to our advanced nozzle design, Kidde IND Systems cover more volume of hazard area with less dry chemical agent than any other brand of total flooding system. Dry chemical is discharged both radially and downward to maximize coverage. What this means is that we can protect your application using a minimum number of agent storage cylinders. Less hardware means a lower installed cost.
Listed and Approved
Kidde IND Systems, with ABC or BC dry chemical agents, are listed by Underwriters Laboratories, Inc., Underwriters Laboratories of Canada and approved by Factory Mutual for operating in temperature ranges from -40°F to 120°F.
Local Application or Total Flooding Designs
Kidde IND Systems are available in two basic configurations. In a local application system, the nozzles are positioned either overhead or tankside to deliver the dry chemical agent directly onto the hazard being protected. A total flooding system, recommended for protection of enclosed room and processes, rapidly "floods" the protected area with dry chemical agent to create an atmosphere that will not support combustion but is not hazardous to personnel. Koetter Fire can help you select the proper design approach for each of your applications.
For more information about Kidde FM200 Clean Agent Fire Suppression Systems, contact your nearest Koetter Fire Protection office today!